Minutes to Prepare: 15
Minutes to Cook: 10
Number of Servings: 4
Uncooked Fresh or Frozen ( thawed Albacore tuna Medallions 1 inch thick to feed 4 (1.5 pounds)
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Salt – Kosher
Lemon Juice from 1 wedge of lemon 1/2 tsp
1/4 tsp Cracked black pepper freshly ground
1/2 tsp finely chopped oregano or 1/4 tsp dried
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes or dash crushed dried
1 tsp finely chopped basil or 1/4 tsp dried
Garlic, 1 clove minced fine
1) Preheat Outside Grill on Medium High setting when you start your prep. Or start your charcoal grill about 30 minutes before you plan to grill tuna.
2) Pat tuna steaks with paper towels to remove excess moisture then place in a shallow dish.
3) Mix all spices with oil and lemon juice in a small bowl with a fork or wisk. Allow to rest for at least 5 minutes to blend together.
4) Brush mixture on both sides of Tuna steaks and allow steaks to rest for another 5 minutes.
5) Grill steaks on hot grill or iron cast pan on each side less than a minute per side to attain desired doneness. For well-done there should still be some pinkness to the center. Most prefer barely warm centers
Overcooking to a uniform color would be a sad waste of a great dish!