Recipe by Daniela of Calm Eats:
Here is an easy White Bean Tuna Salad with Artichoke Hearts recipe, that requires mostly pantry items. It’s quick, delicious, nutritious and filling.
This White Bean Tuna Salad with Artichoke Hearts is:What do you need to make White Bean Tuna Salad with Artichoke Hearts?
The beauty of this recipe is that most of the ingredients are shelf-stable and those that are not can be substituted or left out entirely, depending on availability.
Tips and substitutions
Canned vs. Cooked beans
This is entirely up to you. If you’re sensitive to legumes, I would recommend soaking dried beans overnight, cooking them for 45 minutes (or until desired softness) in fresh water and letting them cool. Otherwise, canned will work just fine.
Marinated Artichoke Hearts
Marinated artichoke hearts add a nice tangy flavor to this white bean tuna salad, but if you can’t find marinated, canned will work just as well. Or even fresh if you want to go the extra length.
Fresh dill vs. dried
Fresh is always best for this salad but again, if you can’t find any at your local market or ran out of fresh, using a little dried dill will add a nice flavor without overpowering.
Rice wine vinegar
If you don’t have rice wine vinegar, you can substitute with white vinegar. Rice wine vinegar is milder and a little sweeter than white vinegar so add just slightly less than 1 tsp.
Using fresh lemon is great, but you can easily substitute bottled lemon juice.
No shallot, no problem. You can use either red onion or sweet onion to give you that nice bite.
More Tuna Recipes you may like:
- Tuna and Chickpea Bites with Lemon Caper Mayo
- Classic Tuna Salad
- Jalapeno Tuna Salad
- Smoked Spicy Tuna Sushi Bowl
White Bean Tuna Salad with Artichoke Hearts
Create Pinterest Pin5.0 Stars (3 Reviews)Print
Here is an easy White Bean Tuna Salad with Artichoke Hearts recipe, that requires mostly pantry items. It’s quick, delicious, nutritious and filling.PREP TIME10 minutesTOTAL TIME10 minutes
- 2 cans Olive Oil Mediterranean Tuna
- 2 Cups Cannelini Beans
- 8-10 Marinated Artichoke Hearts
- 1 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Chopped Shallot
- 1 tbsp Fresh Dill or 1/2 tsp Dried
- 1 tbsp Rinsed Capers
- 6 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/4 cup Sliced Red Cabbage
- In a small bowl combine shallot, with olive oil, lemon juice, rice wine vinegar, salt, pepper and oregano. Miss well and set aside.
- In a large shallow serving bowl, add beans, break up tuna, add artichokes, capers and toss with dressing.
- Top with sliced cabbage and chopped dill. Serve right away.
- Refrigerate any leftovers for up to 3 days.